Friday, June 11, 2010

First Year Medicine - OFFICIALLY DONE.

Great news - I PASSED! Yay! I managed to pull a 4 as well so I was quite pleased when I saw my mark. Sadly my celebration with my other friends kind of abruptly stopped an hour later when we got a phone call from one of our good friends that he has failed and need to do resits. We were quite shocked as this guy worked and studied quite hard and it was shocking to see someone who worked so hard has failed. It was definitely a sobering thought and snapped us out of our "cloud 9" and really showed us that it could have been easily any of us who fails. I really felt bad for him as he does not deserve to fail due to all his work (he started studying PRIOR to Easter break). We all wish him the best of luck and pass his resits!!!

On a more happier note, I just got home from a massive party - Drink Medsoc Dry. It was amazing. Who can complain about 50p drinks?! Started drinking at about 7:45pm and decided to leave at 10:30pm. We decided to head to a club to have some real fun and went to a great club. Great music and it was PACKED. There were so many people there! Eventually more medics showed up at the same club and it was a lot of fun. Definitely had a great night with friends and it was a good "goodbye" as I am leaving tomorrow so I won't see my friends again until September.

All in all, what an amazing first year of medicine. It is a great subject and one I definitely enjoy. Medicine has a reputation that it is hard/difficult and I have generally thought it was quite okay. After exams I realized how tough the subject can get and definitely do NOT underestimate the exams. They can literally ask ANYTHING. Learned loads this year - especially on how to study and work throughout the year so next year when it comes to exam time I won't be pulling super late nights and almost to the point of cramming.

2nd year of Medicine - Bring it on.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Was rooting for you, but knew you'd pass really :) Enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, I only just stumbled across your blog. Sounds fun, I wish we had 50p drinks here :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. did u stay at carrisbrook court during ur first year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks everyone! and @anon: no i didn't stay at carrisbrook court. sorry.

    ReplyDelete